At the moment we have some problems with the generation of the QR codes that are placed on the back cover of our publications:
- the QR code needs to be created at a time when the Keepeek URL is not yet ready
- the Keepeek URL is very long and creates a complex QR code (lots of small blocks that are more difficult to scan)
It would therefore be a solution to use oe.cd short URLs which redirect to the final Keepeek URLs:
- the URL is very short, therefore the QR is simple, with big blocks that an app can easily scan
- we can change the target of the short URL later via the admin interface (and potentially the API)
- we have an API that can be used programmatically to obtain a short URL (and the QR code)
- integration into the existing workflow is relatively simple.